Amity Business School is a private business school in India offering management programs at graduate, postgraduate and doctoral levels. It is part of Amity education group and affiliated with UGC India.
Amity Business School was established in 1999 by the Ritnand Balved Education Foundation. Amity Global Business School is also a part of AUUP. The Government of India informed that the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) had withdrawn approval for Amity Business School’s PGDM (full-time) and PGDM (part-time) courses.
AICTE decided subsequently to transfer the then students of Amity Business School to neighbouring institutions. The decision was taken up after several visits by an AICTE Expert Committees to the Amity Business School in Noida, which found “serious deficiencies and violation of Norms and Standards”. The institution was found conducting a “large number of unapproved courses in the same premises,” some that required mandatory AICTE approval.
A Live Mint-Wall Street Journal report in 2008 confirmed that “AICTE was accurate in observing facilities and infrastructure intended for AICTE-approved courses were being utilized for other unapproved courses.” The institute had contravened building laws and also did not have the required “built-up area” as required by AICTE norms. Additionally, the lack of transparency in the institution’s admission process and charging of “exorbitant fees” was also quoted as reasons for the withdrawal of the approval.×
Source and Official Website: – https://www.amity.edu/
Amity Business School – Eligibility and Admission Criteria
- All the interested candidates who are looking for admissions at MBA/PGDM must have scored 50% in their graduation from any recognized institute or university.
- Candidates appearing for their final year in bachelor’s degree can also apply for programs at MBA but shall produce documents in regards to the B-School’s admission criterion.
- All candidates are required to take the Common Admission Test. MAT, XAT, GMAT, CAT, NMAT, CMAT, and Amity Written Test after scoring above the cutoff percentile required for admissions at MBA candidates are needed to apply for the program.
Amity Business School -Admission Process
- All applicants have to register for any national level entrance test like MAT, XAT, GMAT, CAT, NMAT, CMAT, and Amity Written; etc for getting admission in any management courses in the college and should have scores eligible for getting admission at the MBA/PGDM.
- With your score in the respective entrance exam, you will be shortlisted for GD-PI, which is the final admission round.
- After completion of the GD-PI round, admission offer will be made based on the exam score, GD-PI, Academics, Work Experience. The admission offer will be made in the month as declared by the college on its official website. MBA/PGDM will shortlist the Candidates on the basis of information provided in the application form MAT, XAT, GMAT, CAT, NMAT, CMAT, and Amity Written score educational background, work experience, and other parameters.
- Final Selection will be provided to interested candidates on the basis of series of tests taken by the college which are a case study followed by a group discussion on a given topic, than the qualifying and interested candidates would have to appear for a Personal Interview.
- Selected candidates, after going through contents of the admission offer letter, need to confirm and accept the offer with the terms and conditions for taking admission to the program through “Acceptance Letter”.
- All the candidates who have been offered admission have to pay the fees as stipulated in the admission offer; otherwise, they would forfeit their seat to the person next on the waiting list.
For such useful informative details and getting help regarding any B-School related query or searching the best MBA colleges in cities like Delhi/Mumbai/Bangalore/Pune please must check Edumyra. Also, we are here to give all the info on exams like CAT/XAT/SNAP, etc.